We are working with a Ceded Re Finance unit, as part of broader centralized Ceded Reinsurance team. We are looking for a senior consultant who will be responsible for providing Strategic Business Finance support and analysis to Ceded Re management and the Leadership team.
As a Senior Specialist in Ceded Re, you will be responsible for preparing and providing timely, accurate and relevant management information and financial analysis regarding ceded transactions, as well as participating in various continuous improvement projects underway. You will work closely with global Ceded Re Underwriting and Operations team, Finance business partnering and Controlling teams, Actuaries, FIC, regulators, internal audit as well as external auditors, among others.
Your responsibilities will include:-
- Support Ceded Re Finance business partners across the three business regions group, as well as Reinsurance segment as a whole
- Assist in analysing and reporting on ceded results for all entities, including Lloyd’s syndicate
- Coordinate analysis at business group and segment level, analyse quality of responses and consolidate to give appropriately insightful narrative on the financial position
- Support development of CEO reporting packs for Ceded Re, along with analysis and information to Ceded Re and business alike.
- Further develop and deliver quarterly reporting suite based on system information that sets out the Ceded Re financial position and financial performance.
Including the above, the sucsessful candidate will be assisting with Planning and Forecasting;
- Support input into the annual Ceded Re budget, working with Ceded Reinsurance placement team, Ceded Reinsurance Operations team, Business Partners, Actuaries and Finance
- Provision of detailed quarterly forecast data and analysis
- Support the Financial close process as needed from Ceded Re perspective, in particular fSyndicate business
- Assist with various Finance and reporting projects, to deliver Ceded Re requirements, including Financial, Operational and Regulatory requirements
- Work closely with Ceded Re Placement team, and provide pre placement and post placement analysis to support purchasing decisions
- Support development and implementation of key performance indicators across
The ideal candidate will have the following atributes;
• Qualified Accountant Professional Accountancy Qualification – ACCA, ACA, CIMA or similar
• Strong understanding of ceded reinsurance principles and the financial implications thereof is highly beneficial
• Relevant experience gained working within P&C (re) insurance
• Professional approach to successfully interact with senior management / colleagues and confident to articulate your views and influence peers.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Ability to manage time, work to tight deadlines, prioritise and adapt to changing requirements and dealing with distractions.