Interim Finance Recruitment Solutions
Interim Charity Accountant
Vacancy Reference: 7012520
Hours: 37.5 (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Daily Rate: £130 - £200
Our NHS client is looking for an interim Charity Accountant to join their finance department for a 6 month contract initially.
Day to Day Duties:
- Lead on all aspects of accounting of the Charity, including financial stewardship and liaising with the charity and relevant stakeholders
- Producing the monthly internal and external financial reporting along with the production of annual statutory accounts
- Ensuring that financial governance in the Charity is robust
- Responsible for maintain strong working relationships with internal and external auditors, managing the annual external audit process to ensure adherence to NHS and Charity Commission timelines
- Providing accounting advice to the Charity on a regular basis, working closely with senior charity staff and be flexible in managing their own priorities
- Be responsible for reviewing, enhancing, designing and implementing policies and procedures relating to all financial aspects of the management of the Charity
- Lead on the creation of quarterly financial Charity Committee papers
- The post holder will use high level of analytical, interpersonal and negotiating skills to develop excellent working relationships with a range of internal and external managers across the organisation
- Acts as primary liaison point in providing information and advice to the Trust on all matters concerning Charitable Funds
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA)
- Experience of preparing annual statutory accounts
- Expert knowledge of financial accounting and reporting in NHS or charity organisations
- Evidence of very good systems experience using an ERP system and Microsoft Office
- Being able to translate complex data from various systems and into a clear and comprehensive model
- Evidence of liaising with internal and external auditors to ensure financial governance
If you meet the criteria and would like to be considered for this position please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Riley Garnett or Cameron O’Donnell on the specialist Finance recruitment team on 0117 930 8760.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.