IT Service Designer
Agency Reference Number: ELW7023790
IR35 status: Inside
Duration: 3 months initial
Local Authority – London
Currently remote working from home
A local authority client is seeking an IT Service Designer to lead IT service design and planning engagement across IT operations and the Council to deliver service outcomes. The IT Service Designer will identify and promote opportunities to achieve Council outcomes through the effective use of IT processes, policies, services and resources.
- Work collaboratively across IT to align on and promote fully ‘joined up’ IT service engagement across service delivery and support, security, projects, applications and architecture
- Create and maintain structure on ways of working and service engagement in order to gain insight on strategies and highlight IT implications of planned work to all services in a timely way
- Orchestrate and facilitate service and process design with all relevant stakeholders to highlight and operationalise the actionable IT implications of strategic imperatives and plans
- Analyse and use data intelligently to inform decision making, support problem analysis, reporting and benefit realisation
- Identify gaps and causes of waste in processes or service provision; make recommendations for improvements and work across IT to operationalise these when agreed
- Ensure the right mix of IT and service stakeholders involvement to investigate and validate complex operational IT and service scenarios or needs and translate these into clear problem statements, high level requirements or process flows as required
- Work with IT risk management to drive mitigation for risks and issues, evaluating effectively whether to manage or escalate these as appropriate
- Knowledge or awareness of the role of local government IT in delivering better public services at lower cost
- Strong knowledge and experience of Office 365 applications
- Experience working with Cloud/SaaS applications vs traditional on premise
- Qualification or strong demonstrable knowledge of the ITIL Service Management framework
- Experience working in requirements engineering, business case development and/or process modelling
- Strong facilitation communication and presentation skills - written and verbal – including the ability to challenge senior stakeholders and strong personalities
- Stakeholder management - credible in negotiation and collaboration in working with both tech teams, council services and at Executive level
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information, please contact Ethan Weatherby or Hastings Tarrant on 02075577667 and email your CV to email@example.com.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.