Duration: 6 months
IR35 status: Inside
Venn Group are working with a local authority client in London to recruit an Interim Network Engineer.
The Interim Network Engineer will work to move on-premise firewalls into Azure, decommissioning Juniper technology and deploying FortiGate firewalls.
They will also support the network infrastructure for the council’s new office location, advising on technology during procurement and then going on to fit and deploy the new site networks.
The role will be primarily remote, with onsite attendance desirable for priority actions.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Provable and demonstrable strong LAN experience
- HP Aruba switching:
- Specifically dynamic and static routing, good knowledge of command line and commands, diagnostics and troubleshooting, spanning tree
- OSPF routing heavily used throughout our network
- Knowledge VLAN allocation and segregation
- Good command line knowledge for SRX platform
- FortiGate Firewall:
- Specific knowledge of policy creation / amendment, VPN creation, routing and route separation (virtual routing instances)
Desirable skills and experience required:
- Juniper JUNOS SRX firewall:
- Configuration, policy addition / amendment, troubleshooting
- BGP and OSPF routing heavily used
- Knowledge of HP Aruba Wireless systems
- AP installation and provision, troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Cisco Switching
- Specifically routing, commands, diagnostics and troubleshooting, spanning tree
- OSPF routing
For further information, please contact Ethan Weatherby, David Harney, or Robert Westbury on 020 7557 7667 and email your CV to email@example.com