Interim Solicitor to the Council & Monitoring Officer – Predominantly Remote Working - £600-£800 per day umbrella – 3-6 Months +
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are currently working with a reputable Local Authority in the Home Counties area who are recruiting for an Interim Solicitor to the Council & Monitoring Officer to join their department.
The role is offered for an initial period of 3-6 months with strong possibility of extension and will be worked on a predominantly remote basis asoffice attendance will only be required to attend meetings.
Candidates will have previous experience working as a Monitoring Officer within a Local Government setting.
Duties may include:
- Adviser to the Executive, Full Council, various committees, Parish and Town Councils
- Maintaining the Council’s Constitution, code of conduct, risk policy, AML, annual governance statement and fraud policy
- Part of the Leadership Team, submitting papers for discussion at leadership meetings and contributing to the operational and strategic management of the Council
- Responding to consultations and providing ad hoc support and advice on corporate governance and related matters
- Dealing with member complaints and corporate complaints
- Dealing with waivers and procurement issues including Judicial Review
- Providing legal advice and leading on community Governance reviews
- Giving advice on the lawfulness of the council operating investment funds, minimum revenue provision policy, several policies, procurement etc
- Providing advice on Local Authority owned companies, shared services and approving appointments to external organisations and companies
- Representing the council as a shareholder of local authority owned companies
- Dealing with RIPA issues and Investigatory power commissioners office
- Maintaining, reviewing, and monitoring the Council’s Constitution, annual governance statement, code of corporate governance, slavery statement etc
- Conducting investigations into allegations of member misconduct
- Acting as the Proper Officer for access to information and dealing with FOI, DPA, SAR’s and GDPR matters
- Acting as the Council’s SIRO and the Council’s corporate complaints officer and liaison officer for the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
A daily rate of £500-£700 per day Umbrella is offered for this position dependent on experience level.
Please apply for this role online or contact Philippa Stoate or Connie Ross via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. All salaries and PQE ranges stated serve only as a guide and all applicants will be considered on their individual merits.
Interim Solicitor to the Council & Monitoring Officer – Predominantly Remote Working - £500-£700 per day – 3-6 Months +