An organisation in Durham l has approached Venn Group’s IT Team to secure Junior IT Officers for piece of project work
Candidates without IT experience will be considered as long as you have a degree or college IT qualification.
The successful candidates will be taught and responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of client computer systems, servers, and data security systems.
You must have a passion for IT and must be committed to learning and developing your within skillset in the role
Access to a vehicle to use to travel between sites is a must!
Rate: £10.28 per hour + Holiday per hour
Duration: initially until end of the year (Extensions likley from here)
Day to day duties:
- A passion to learn and develop IT knowledge and skillset
- Provide assistance to, and work closely with the Technical project, Infrastructure and Operations teams.
- Provide basic advice, training, and support to users across the Trust for hardware and commonly used software and services.
- To administer user accounts using common directory service systems to a basic level. Control access to applications; modify user and computer accounts and change of passwords.
- Troubleshoot basic desktop and physical network connectivity issues
- Accurately record, log and progress basic technical support faults and requests assigned to the team.
- Supervision of hardware and software engineers while on-site during system installations, upgrades or repairs
- Support the build and configuration of workstations and other ICT equipment such as printers, desk phones, smartphones, tablets and other supported peripherals.
- Undertake the installation, upgrade and deployment of client operating systems to a basic level.
- Maintain a clear and tidy workspace, ensuring equipment is accurately labelled.
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software.
- Assist in the maintenance of documented procedures. Ensure any out of date documentation is either updated or escalated.
- Prepare and record data assets for the decommissioning process.
To apply for this role or to find out about other IT opportunities, please contact Alex Parcei on 0113 234 6400or email firstname.lastname@example.org with an up to date CV.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates