Temporary Labourer/Handyman Role
Recruitment Agency reference: 7106520/001
A position has arisen for a Labourer/Handyman within a leading contractor based in Watford. This is a key role on 1 month ongoing basis. It is paying between £80 and £100 per day
The successful candidate must have experience in Joinery/Plastering
Your duties will include:
- Carrying out the clearance of properties and communal areas where required
- Completing other maintenance and repair work as directed and to agreed standards.
- Responsible for completing full property clean of the Trusts void properties to agreed standards
- Carry out all work and activities in a safe and responsible manner; paying particular regard to standards of cleanliness and tidiness, controlling and minimising noise and dust levels.
- Work within a pre-allocated appointment system keeping pre-arranged appointments
- Seek to complete all repairs/ works including making good, finishing off and tidying up etc on first visit to achieve “Right First Time”. Where this is not possible, to make proper arrangements to complete at the earliest opportunity.
- Report to the Team Leader or other appropriate manager any queries about repairs/ works to be done or concerns about work that is not within their range of competence.
- Provide assistance and support as and when required to other operatives and staff carrying out their duties.
- Complete all works by using correct status codes within an electronic mobile management device (PDA).
- Maintain tools and equipment in good/ clean working order and to record or report instances of disrepair that appear to have been caused by deliberate/ criminal damage or general misuse or abuse.
The successful candidate should have:
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Basic DBS Check
- Previous experience in a similar role
This would be an ideal role for an accurate and hands on candidate who is ready to hit the ground running and add value to a team.
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Siobhan Allinson or Dan Judge on 0161 830 1830 and email your updated CV to email@example.com
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.