Academic and Education Strategy
Interim Learner Support Officer (Teaching Assistant)
Duration: Temp to Perm
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Pay Rate: £12-£14 per hour via an umbrella Company
An opening has arisen for a Learner Support Officer to be based in Cambridge. Said individual will ensure the responsibilities of the post are carried out in a way that reflects the standards, vision and values of the college. We can consider part time or full time hours.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the lecturing staff in the delivery of individual learning programmes and/or general curricula to groups as required
- Preparing, maintaining and operating as appropriate teaching support materials and equipment including audio and other visual aids when required to support identified student needs
- Supporting and caring for designated students within and outside the classroom whilst they are the responsibility of the college, which may include their arrival, departure and lunchtime supervision
- Undertaking personal care needs (including the administration of medicine) appropriate to individual students as necessary
- Maintaining records of support given to students as required
- Promoting safe and healthy working practices in learning areas, applying and complying with health and safety regulations
- Following and comply with college safeguarding and child protection procedures
- Participating in annual training and development activities as prescribed (e.g. administration of medicine, use of epipen etc)
- Attending team, department and college meetings as required
- Obtaining and maintain a current first aid certificate and respond to first aid incidents within the area of work
- Promoting safe and healthy working practices in learning areas, applying and complying with health and safety regulations.
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained where required and compliance with Data Protection regulations and policy
- Undertaking such other work as may be required from time to time by the Principal consistent with the duties and grading of the post
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Ash Sahota (Senior Consultant) on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email email@example.com
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations