Lecturer in Foundational Learning
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours
Rate: £24,358 – £33,728
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Lecturer in Foundational Learning on behalf of a reputable Further Education College based in Somerset. This is a permanent contract offering £24,358 - £33,728. For this position, you will be working full-time hours (Monday to Friday).
Outline duties below:
- Deliver learning programmes, including life skills, employability L2 and both functional maths and English at Entry Level 1, Entry Level 2, Entry Level 3, Level 1 and 2, to a cohort of learners with a range of special educational needs and disabilities and/or social, emotional and mental health issues.
- To produce schemes of work, lesson plans, assessment plans, learning materials and any other related activities that impact on the effectiveness of learning
- To co-ordinate and maintain records of formative and summative assessments of students’ learning
- To communicate internal and external examination entry and timetable, where appropriate, to the curriculum and support team and learners as appropriate
- To undertake classroom, workshop and/or educational trip risk assessments as required
- Work closely with the wider team of colleagues including the SEND Coordinator, Bath Rugby Foundation team and support staff in class
- To liaise and agree a programme of learning with the SEND and Inclusion Manager
- To advise managers, and where appropriate lead, on relevant curriculum developments
- To contribute to the timing and scheduling of lessons and programmes of study
- To identify resource requirements i.e. staffing, specialist rooms, equipment, software, etc.
- To maintain and update a course ‘file’ for each programme to be managed
- To organise an induction programme for learners
- To arrange, organise and lead external trips ensuring that the college policy is followed
- Design and deliver a tutorial curriculum in line with College requirements which promotes learning, personal and academic development for learners
- Assist in the identification of learner’s individual needs and in the co-ordination of relevant support to meet their need
- Provide pastoral support to learners, liaising with central support staff where necessary.
- Monitor attendance and learning progress using Individual Learning Plans
- Assist students to set challenging targets to aid learning and personal development
- Ensure every learner receives careers education and guidance including an exit interview
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Niall Demel on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.