Recruitment Consultants – Birmingham city centre
Salary: £22,000-£30,000 Dependent on Experience + Commission + Other Rewards/Benefits
Term: Permanent Position
Working Hours: (Monday-Friday) 8.30-5.30pm
Excellent career opportunities for Recruitment Consultants to join Venn Group’s extremely successful Legal and Local Government sectors based at our Birmingham office.
We’re looking to recruit highly-organised, money-motivated individuals who’s hardworking has a positive attitude and wanting to build a career in recruitment, having a legal, recruitment or sales background would be ideal.
We have roles available within our public sector legal and local government sector due to rapid expansion and success of these teams over the last 12 months.
These roles will involve working as part of established teams, specialising in the recruitment of Legal Professionals and Local Government.
We offer an extensive training program and within your first year you will develop your skills for generating business, account management, interviewing and assessing candidates whilst gaining specialist sector knowledge. You will also be responsible for a portfolio of clients; you and your manager will work together to develop a strategy for maintaining and developing relationships with them.
Recruitment is a strong career choice because it rewards diligence and conscientious working – you directly see the rewards of your hard work as your client portfolio grows. Few other career choices give such immediate feedback for success.
Choosing a career in recruitment will see your hard work directly rewarded, in a way unlike many other professions. Diligent and conscientious consultants will see their client portfolio grow as a result of their efforts, and in turn reap attractive financial rewards.
Typical work activities:
Recruitment consultants provide a vital link between clients and candidates. Your role will be diverse and involves:
- Meeting clients and candidates to build and develop relationships
- Developing a good understanding of companies, their industry, what they do and their work culture and environment
- Advertising vacancies by drafting and placing adverts in a wide range of media
- Using candidate databases to match the right person to the client's vacancy
- Receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client recruiting
- Requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details
- Briefing candidates about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question
- Preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients in respect of suitable applicants
- Organising, informing and preparing candidates for interviews
- Negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates
- Offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training and career progression
- Working towards and exceeding targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated
The basic salary will depend on your previous experience. It remains an incredibly competitive package in today’s marketplace from £22,000 - £30,000 depending on your employment background.
Once you are eligible to earn commission (after 3 months), the financial rewards are within your control. Once you are on full commission, you can expect to earn approx. £10,000-£20,000 on top of your basic salary in your first year depending on your contribution to the team and your individual billing.
A transparent career path via our ‘Pathways & Milestones’ progression model gives you the opportunity to progress your career with uncapped earning potential both in relation to your basic salary and commission, with both your basic salary and commission increasing at each milestone achieved.
Why Venn Group?
Venn Group are a market leader in the temporary and contract market, we set ourselves apart from other agencies because we work on a team basis. This means you will be fully supported from day one by not just your manager, but a team of consultants too. You can expect to receive first class training that continues throughout your career here at Venn Group.
- A transparent career path via our ‘Pathways & Milestones’ progression model
- Commission structure which rewards both team and individual success
- 22 days annual leave (+ bank holidays), increasing by 1 day each year up to 30 days
- Opportunity to work from home
- Private healthcare via Bupa and employee assistance programme via Health Assured
- Free eye tests vouchers
- Company pension scheme
- Team celebration meals
- Employee led diversity and inclusion forum
- Two paid charity days per year to use for volunteering
- Monthly office social events - ‘Fizzy Fridays’
- Discounted gym membership scheme
- Life assurance cover
- Clothing and season ticket loans
- Ride to work scheme
- Discounts and offers at high street shops and retailers
What we require:
- We are looking for team members who are motivated by success, money, personal development and career progression
- You must have excellent literacy skills with good attention to detail
- You need to be very organised and efficient, with the ability to perform tasks autonomously
- A good team player as you will be part of a busy established team of consultants
- You will need to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You will need to demonstrate that you have the confidence to work in a fast paced and varied environment with changing priorities
- You will need to be a dedicated and hardworking individual