Locum Adult Social Care Lawyer – West Midlands – Remote Working – Up to £55 per Hour Umbrella – ASAP Start
Job reference: J67327
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are currently working with a reputable Local Authority in the West Midlands area who are recruiting for a Locum Adult Social Care Lawyer to join their department.
The role is offered for an initial period of 12 Months with the possibility of extension and will be worked on a remote or hybrid basis dependent on the preference of the successful candidate. This role is full-time, 35 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will be a Solicitor or Barrister with prior experience working within Local Government carrying a full and varied caseload.
Duties may include:
- Providing advice under the Mental Health Act 1983, including displacement of nearest relative, deprivation of liberty, place of safety, s117 aftercare
- Advocating in the Court of Protection
- Providing advice on application of the inherent jurisdiction and drafting statements, applications and orders
- Advising on aspects of community care under both the Care Act 2014 and National Assistance Act 1948, including ordinary residence, direct payments and personal budgets, vulnerable adults, appointeeship/deputyship
- Defending Judicial review proceedings in relation to community care matters and disputing age assessments
An hourly rate of up to £60 per hour umbrella is offered for this position dependent on experience level.
Please apply for this role online or contact Tom Hoult or Phillippa Stoate via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. All salaries and PQE ranges stated serve only as a guide and all applicants will be considered on their individual merits.
Locum Adult Social Care Lawyer – West Midlands – Predominantly Remote Working – Up to £55 per Hour Umbrella – ASAP Start