Locum Childcare Paralegal – 3-6 Months – Remote Working – £20 per hour (Umbrella) – East Midlands
Job Reference: J64412
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are currently working with an established Local Authority in the East Midlands who are recruiting for a Locum Childcare Paralegal to join their team.
This assignment is offered on a full-time basis with an hourly rate of £20 (umbrella), however candidates who can offer 4 days per week may also be considered.
The role is offered for an initial duration of 3-6 months, working on a fully remote basis, with the opportunity for career progression.
The ideal candidate would be a Paralegal with experience in working within Local Government.
The duties may include:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with Children and Family Services and responding to legal advice and support requests for Child Care law and practice
- Ensuring effective liaison with other agencies (Health, Police, Probation, Courts and private solicitors) to secure cooperation for Court case preparation, whilst consulting with the Team Leader and Child Care
- Providing solicitors with assistance and support when interviewing witnesses, including taking statements for Court proceedings, or any other requested proceedings
- Providing legal support to the Team Leader, Child Care and solicitors within the team to offer advice to Client Departments, including submitting Court Application, and attending Court to assist Counsel and take evidence notes
- Advising the content of reports for Court in pursuant to s.7 and s.37 Children Act 1989
- Providing extensive case management assistance to the Solicitor handling the case, including draft case management orders and case summary preparation to ensure the Local Authority is complying with the Courts direction within care proceedings
For further information, please contact Tom Hoult or Natalie Corcoran via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates