Locum Civil Litigation Lawyer – Hybrid Working – £55 per hour Umbrella – East Midlands
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are currently working with a reputable Local Authority in the East Midlands area who are recruiting for a Locum Civil Litigation Lawyer to join their department.
This is an assignment that will be offered for a duration of 3 months with the strong possibility of extension and will be worked on a predominantly remote basis with occasional travel into the office.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive and the ideal candidate will have prior experience working within Local Government. The successful candidate will need to also have working knowledge of Civil Litigation and be particularly knowledgeable when it comes to Housing Disrepair.
Duties may include:
- Drafting relevant documents both in civil, regulatory and criminal legal proceedings
- Defending the Council against housing and disrepair claims and negotiated settlement figures in relation to housing disrepair matters
- Dealing with multi-track, fast-track and small claims track Housing Disrepair Claims
- Drafting summons, indictments, case summaries and disclosure requests
- Advising departmental offices and liaising with defence solicitors and members of the public
- Attending Magistrates Court, committees and meetings including dealing with the Court lists
- Assisting other members of the litigation team with casework and by prosecuting their cases at court
- Dealing with matters regarding judicial review, contractual claims
- Representing the Council at the County Court, Magistrates Court and other tribunals as required
An hourly rate of up to £55 per hour Umbrella and is offered for this position dependent on experience.
Please apply for this role online or contact Tom Hoult or Connie Ross via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. All salaries and PQE ranges stated serve only as a guide and all applicants will be considered on their individual merits.
Locum Civil Litigation Lawyer – Remote Working – £55 per hour Umbrella – East Midlands