Locum Education and SEN Lawyer – Remote Working – up to £55 per Hour Umbrella – East Midlands
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are pleased to be recruiting for a Locum Education and SEN Lawyer to join an excellent Local Authority in the East Midlands. This assignment will be for an initial period of at least 3 months and is subject to possible extension thereafter.
The role will be performed on an all remote working basis and they are ideally seeking someone to take on the position on a full-time basis, however candidates with part-time availability possessing relevant experience will be considered.
The ideal candidate will be a Qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive with Local Government experience with solid understanding of a wide range of Education and SEND matters.
Duties may include:
- Advising Senior Officers and Councillors on complex Education Law matters
- Dealing with all aspects of appeals to the SEND Tribunal, which includes drafting responses to appeals, instructing expert witnesses and conducting advocacy
- Providing legal advice to the local authority and schools on Education Law matters such as school admissions and appeals, exclusions and reviews, home-to-school transport and complaints
- Assisting with any other Education or SEND matters as sole legal counsel
- Reviewing case papers and establishing the merits of cases and reviewing and complying with SENDIST Orders
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to progress appeals and with the legal department where they have been instructed
- Organising and attending Case Management and Pre-Tribunal meetings
- Receiving expert advice and carrying out discussions with witnesses and parents/ guardians
An attractive hourly rate of up to £55 per hour Umbrella is offered for this position dependant on experience.
Please apply for this role online or contact Philippa Stoate or Connie Ross via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Locum Education and SEN Lawyer – Remote Working – up to £55 per hour Umbrella – East Midlands