Locum Employment Lawyer– Midlands – Initial 3 months– Remote Working
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are pleased to be recruiting for a Locum Employment Lawyer to join a reputable Local Authority based in the Midlands.
This assignment will be for an initial period of 3 months subject to possible extension thereafter and will be worked on a fully remote basis for the foreseeable future. The client is ideally seeking someone to take on the position on a full-time basis however, candidates with part-time availability may also be considered.
This opportunity is suitable for a qualified Solicitor, Legal Executive or Barrister with previous Employment Law experience, ideally relating to Equal Pay claims.
Daily duties may include:
- Assisting in defending a large group action for equal pay, to include obtaining witness statements, attending hearings in the Employment Tribunal, and liaising with counsel, job analysts and the claimants’ legal representatives
- Aiding the team in implementing a largescale settlement scheme, to include assisting in the processing of data, calculating offers, preparing offer documentation, signing settlement agreements, and attending signing days
- Advising Council officers on equal pay risks and liabilities
- Preparing reports and papers on equal pay risks and issues within the organisation, including data analysis
- Responding to requests for information under the FOIA and to subject access requests under the GDPR
- Dealing equal pay queries from employees, their legal representatives and trade unions
- Handling all correspondence, documentation and communications relating to existing and past equal pay claims
- Assisting in the provision of equal pay indemnities and advice where there is a transfer of an undertaking under the TUPE regulation
A rate of up to £40 per hour (Umbrella) is offered for this position. Candidates will be considered on a case by case basis, and the hourly rate shown will be dependent upon levels of experience – there may be a degree of flexibility for the right candidate.
For further information, please contact Emma Walker or Philippa Stoate on 0121 616 0660, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.