Locum Head of Law and Governance & Monitoring Officer – £750 - £950 per day Umbrella – Remote Working – Home Counties
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are excited to be recruiting for a Head of Law and Governance & Monitoring Officer to join a Local Authority legal team in the Home Counties to start in March 2023.
The assignment is offered for an initial period of 3-6 months with the possibility of extension thereafter dependent upon performance.
This role is offered on a remote working basis with the expectation of attending the office once per month. Due to the managerial nature of the role, ideally the client would like someone to take on the position on a full time basis however part-time candidates who can commit to 4 days per week will also be considered.
This role is suitable for a qualified Solicitor or Barrister with management experience gained within Local Government.
Duties may include:
- Acting as a member of the Council’s Corporate Management Team with collective responsibility for the managerial leadership of the Council and ensuring the team receives appropriate support, training and development to carry out their roles
- Contributing to corporate programme boards working to develop strategy and policy, implement programmes and projects and monitor performance
- Ensuring that the Council’s corporate governance framework is robust and effective and that there are effective and efficient systems and processes in place for proper conduct
- Contributing to developing the Council’s Corporate Plan and other strategies
- Being accountable for budgets related to the Service
- Ensuring compliance with the Council’s Constitution and Standing Orders and that the Council receives value for money from its expenditure
- Acting as the Council’s Monitoring Officer responsible for carrying out duties as stipulated in the Local Government and Housing Act 1989
- Holding the duties of the Council’s Returning Officer responsible for the management and conduct of elections and the Electoral Registration Officer for the compilation of the electoral register
- Working as the Council’s Data Protection Officer monitoring internal compliance, inform and advise on the Council’s data protection obligations
- Providing advice regarding Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) and act as a contact point for data subjects and the supervisory authority
- Sitting as the Council’s Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO) taking the strategic lead for information security at the Council including ownership of the Information Risk Policy, risk assessment processes and information incident management framework,
- Advising the Chief Executive or relevant Accounting Officer in relation to the annual governance statement in regard to information risks
- Sitting as the Council’s ‘Senior Responsible Officer’, deliver a corporate approach for the Council’s responsibilities arising from Protection of Freedoms Act 2012
- Maintaining regular communication with client leads and the Company Secretary within the Councils Group of wholly owned companies and other entities
- Managing the Legal Service provided in accordance with the support service level agreement to the Councils Group of wholly owned companies
- Providing legal advice and guidance to Executive Members, Cabinet and shareholders of wholly owned companies and joint ventures
The position offers an hourly rate between £750 - £950 per day dependent upon levels of experience.
Please apply for this role online or contact Tom Hoult or Philippa Stoate via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Venn Group aim to achieve the highest standards so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
Locum Head of Law and Governance & Monitoring Officer – £750 - £950 per day Umbrella –Remote Working – Home Counties