Venn Group are currently assisting a Local Authority in their search for a Housing and Litigation Lawyer to join their team.
This is an ongoing locum assignment, extending every 3 months. The council is recruiting permanently down the line, however this is not going to be immediate.
The role will cover 36 hours per week on a full time basis.
The Litigation Lawyer will be taking over a caseload of live files, covering a wide range of matters such as:
- Conduct of cases in all Courts and Tribunals and to appear personally on the Council’s behalf on all civil and criminal matters and handle related Inquiries
- Proceedings in the Civil Courts relating to areas of work undertaken by the team such as Judicial Review proceedings
- Appeals under Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 (homelessness)
- Possession Proceedings on the grounds of rent arrears, anti-social behaviour and other breaches of tenancy conditions; and Possession Proceedings against squatters (including travellers)
- Debt recovery work including service charge arrears, care home charges, housing benefit overpayments and former tenants arrears
Due to current climate, the successful candidate must be an experienced Litigation Lawyer who has worked in a local authority previously, as the role will be undertaken remotely with minimal supervision, before returning to the office when appropriate in the current circumstances.
A current practising certificate as either a Solicitor, Legal Executive or Barrister is essential.
If you are interested in this position please send an up to date CV to SouthEastLegal@venngroup.com to confirm your interest and we will call you back to go through the position in more detail.