Locum Scrutiny Officer – £30 to £40 per hour – East Midlands
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are delighted to be recruiting for a Locum Scrutiny Officer to join a dynamic organisation in the East Midlands for an initial period of 4 months.
The Council are preferably seeking someone to carry out the role on a full-time basis but part-time applicants possessing relevant experience are also encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will have Local Authority experience in a similar role and have a good understanding of democratic processes.
Duties may include:
- Providing support and independent advice to Members, senior officers and the Mayor on scrutiny and governance matters
- Promoting the role of Overview & Scrutiny and Audit & Governance Committees
- Providing support and independent advice to Chairs of Overview & Scrutiny and Audit & Governance Committees, as well as Task and Finish Groups on the successful operation of effective scrutiny arrangements
- Maintaining awareness of changes in legislation, policy and practice in respect of the scrutiny function
- Assisting Officers with the production and presentation of reports
- Co-ordinating administrative support services for Members
- Planning meetings, liaising with Executive Committees and representing the Council as required on governance and scrutiny matters raising the profile and reputation of the organisation
The client is offering a rate of between £30 and £40 per hour umbrella dependent on experience.
Should you, or anybody you know wish to apply for the above position then please contact Will Pardoe or Tom Hoult on 0121 616 0660 or email your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to your application.
We endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.