Locum Senior Planning and Highways Lawyer – Home Counties – 3-6 months – Full Time – Remote Working – Up to £55 per hour Umbrella
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are seeking a Locum Senior Planning and Highways Lawyer to join the Planning team of a respectable Local Authority in the Home Counties region.
Duration: 3-6 months initial contract with the likelihood of extension thereafter
Working Pattern: Full time, however part time candidates offering 30 hours or more will also be considered
Working Arrangement: Remote working, with infrequent office attendance preferred
Rate: Up to £55 per hour Umbrella, dependent upon relevant experience
The ideal candidate for this role will need at least 10 years PQE with a Local Government background handling a planning caseload. Experience handling large scale development and highway matters is also desirable.
Duties for this role may include:
- Acting on behalf of the Councils clients for planning, large scale development and highways matters
- Negotiating and advising on projects involving multiple agencies and client interests, including third sector and charitable organisations
- Responsible for representing clients in negotiations and discussions with third parties
- Developing and maintaining effective partnerships and client relationships whilst also promoting and building new relationships to expand the Council’s cliental
- Deputising for the Head of Service and acting as the Line Manager when required to supervise other members of the team
- Ensure that the Planning team acts in compliance with the statutory duties and obligations to protect the client organisations best interests
If this role sounds like it could be of interest, either apply online or contact Louise Francis or Natalie Corcoran via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Job Reference: J69180
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. All salaries and PQE ranges stated serve only as a guide and all applicants will be considered on their individual merits.