MAIT Process Engineer
Duration: 6 months
£23.92 p/h PAYE
£31.64 P/H Umbrella
SC Clearance Essential
Our client, a leading Defence organisation, in Stevenage is looking for an experienced MAIT Process Engineer to provide Manufacturing Engineering support to the Operations teams within MAIT as well as supporting the Manufacturing Engineering team deliverables for the production of fully integrated Satellite Telecoms.
The successful candidate should have:
• Appreciation of manufacturing techniques e.g. CFRP, structural bonding or TIG welding, within the space/aerospace industry – with a realistic minimum of five years’ experience
• Mechanical & Electrical design / manufacturing / validation / experience
• Process and Quality driven approach with high attention to detail.
• Manufacturing / Test processes for the space industry.
• Use of Windchill, P6, IPS, 3D live, 3D experience or other similar systems
• Understanding of build documentation to ensure clear instructions are given to shop floor operators.
• Lean manufacturing techniques including 5S, root cause analysis and continuous improvement (Green belt)
• Good planning skills and process competence (MRP/SAP system experience an advantage
• Support the generation of standard documentation in line with scheduled needs.
• Produce re-work instructions / deviation plans / discrepancies based on project requirements and identify parts and tooling required to carry them out - (materials, tooling, requirements and methodology)
• Support quality reviews and Root Cause Analysis using lean tools, including driving and owning PPS’s.
• Support Lessons Learned exercises at key milestones involving all key stakeholders in phase (Operations, process owners, MAIT management, and design)
• Ensue where possible that ME process and procedures are standardised, optimised, current and usable by work with Process Owners to identify future improvements.
• Design of day to day operational tooling / manufacturing aids for manufacture execution
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Dom Vieten on 0117 930 8760 and email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org