Academic and Education Strategy
Interim Pastoral Tutor – Nottinghamshire
Duration: End of the academic year
Pay Rate: £17-£19 per hour via an umbrella company
An opening has arisen for a Pastoral Tutor to be based in Nottinghamshire. Said individual will ensure the responsibilities of the post are carried out in a way that reflects the standards, vision and values of the college.
You will not need any teaching experience in motor vehicles, your role will be to deliver the Pastoral Tutorials to students coming from these areas.
- Delivery of essential, curriculum-choice and student-choice group tutorials
- Contextualise cross college resources to be relevant for the faculty area/s
- Monitor attendance, ensuring learners are attending and exceeding the colleges target. (Consistently monitor, action and record)
- Manage a caseload of learners through targeted support on a 1-1 basis, by providing high quality pastoral support
- Refer learners internally to relevant support services for key areas of safeguarding and mental health concerns
- Maintain the EILP in conjunction with learners during their tutorial and 1-1 support sessions.
- Assist students in the process to fulfil work experience and employability requirements as part of their study programme
- Liaise with Work Placement Coordinators to facilitate placement opportunities within the tutorial sessions
- Liaise with Careers advisors to promote employability aspects within the tutorial sessions.
- Promote personal and social development by supporting faculty areas with enrichment activities.
- Cover for other Pastoral tutors
- Develop and contribute to the planning and design of materials used in the tutorial programme.
- Support the induction programme, ensuring learners make a positive start to their journey
- Prepare and support learners for their next steps, internal progression, higher education, apprenticeships, or employment
- Communicate regularly with parents/guardians regarding concerns with learners’ progress or attendance
- Support the College student disciplinary process and work alongside curriculum staff and FAMs
- Work alongside Curriculum/support staff to ensure learners’ needs are fully addressed
- Collaborate with cross college services for the support of learners, wellbeing, enrichment, safeguarding, careers advisors, learning facilitators, achievement coaches and student voice
- Motivate, inspire and energise young people by setting and monitoring aspirational targets as part of the colleges 1-1 tutorial programme
- Attend faculty team and pastoral team meetings as required to share progress and resolve issues
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Ash Sahota (Senior Consultant) on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email email@example.com
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations