A great position has arisen for a Payroll and Pensions Assistant to work for one of the largest multi-academy Trusts in the South of England with 45 Academies. The post is based in Dartford.
The role is to support the Payroll & Pensions Manager in the delivery of the Trusts monthly payroll, together with assisting with the ongoing payroll migration project and relevant payroll accounting tasks.
Job responsibilities include:
- Liaising directly with the Trust’s appointed payroll bureau and internal colleagues to submit and check the monthly payroll, including staff expenses, new starters, leavers, contractual and other changes
- Being responsible for an allocated number of academies for the purpose of monthly payroll review processing
- Creating and posting multiple payroll journals to input the liabilities and costs into the academies’ accounting software
- Reconciling the accounting software payroll control accounts to the monthly payroll reports
- Assisting with the Teachers Pensions End of Year Certificate audit including the checking of tiers and collating/checking of samples
What they are looking for:
- Experience of working within a Payroll and/or Pensions setting (essential)
- Experience of double-entry bookkeeping, particularly payroll control accounts (essential)
- AAT qualified and/or CIPP qualified (desirable but not essential)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Data handling including numerical data
- PC literate (experience with Google products preferred)
- Experience of working in education (desirable but not essential)
Agency Reference Number: 7205920
Salary: £29,684 per annum
Working Pattern: Onsite 4 days a week
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.