Duration: 3 – 6 Month contract with extensions possible
Rate: £15 - £20 per hour negotiable dependent on experience (Payments made via an FCSA Accredited Umbrella Company (Inside IR35))
Hybrid working: Remote working with travel 1 once or 2 twice per month to the West Midlands
We are currently working with an organisation in the West Midlands who require the assistance of a Payroll Officer to provide a professional solution focused Payroll transactional service. You will be undertaking a range of transactional activities including directorates, schools, recruitment and pensions.
- Dealing with telephone & email enquiries from employees, managers & traded services customers
- Creating of new starters/appointments onto HR system, processing P45s and bank details through to payment
- Restructures/Service Review Outcomes - Process changes and issue contract change correspondence
- Extension to existing Temporary Contracts & Secondments. Monitor review dates, liaison with Managers
- Work shift patterns and holiday plans amendments processing. Organisational Units/Pay Points/Home Code
- Contracts Made Permanent – Ensuring approvals. Update and Issue Correspondence
- Sickness Payments – processing payments, notifying employees & managers. Unpaid Leave processing
- Maternity & Paternity leave - processing applications and payments
- Voluntary Deductions e.g. child care vouchers, council tax, credit union, trade union etc.
- Non-Voluntary Deductions e.g. student loans, court orders etc.
- Data Queries & Manager/Employee general enquiries e.g. annual leave entitlements/calculations
- Information Enquiries – F.O.I.’s, Mortgage references, insurance claims, sickness payments, jury service
- Leavers – processing and final payments. Issuing confirmation letters, P45 and pension forms
- Responsible for checking any other transactions relating to HR/Payroll/Pensions
- Ensure compliance with internal processes and Audit and HMRC regulations. Financial Duties
- Support year end procedures
- Preparation of orders and requisitions including identification of budget codes
- Maintain income and expenditure accounts. Monitor & process overpayments
- Prepare records for audit inspection. Undertaking the necessary checks and control duties
- Monitor sickness and maternity/paternity entitlements and process payments
- Process timesheets for payment of temp/casual cover. Monitor & Process bulk importing of data
- Previous payroll experience
- NVQ Level 3 in either Business Administration/Customer Services/ CIPP/ CIPD or a related field
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply below. At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.