Interim Payroll/Pensions Officer required immediately
A position has arisen for a Payroll/Pensions Officer within an NHS organisation in Devon. This would be an initial 3 month contract that has the opportunity to go permanent if successful.
Hourly Rate: £16.43 - £18.37 via Umbrella
Contract Length: 3 Month (Temp to Perm)
Location: Devon (Fully Remote)
Your duties will include:
- Ensures payroll information is processed in accordance with procedures, in order to provide information for statutory returns, through completion of own work and through the coordination of the work of others
- Investigates Payroll and Pensions enquiries, providing assistance and guidance as required.
- Ensures that work is completed in line with financial timescales and legal requirements.
- May provide advice to staff regarding Pay, Benefits or Pensions guidance or support
- In conjunction with Payroll Service Delivery Manager will monitor the successful completion of BACS payments to staff
- Will assist with the reconciliation and payment of Tax and NI to HMRC
- In conjunction with Accounts Manager for Pensions and Benefits, to ensure reconciliation of NHS Pensions
- Demonstrates activities, work routines to others in payroll / Pensions teams,
- Allocates work to junior staff in the team
- Provides induction training for new Payroll Pensions staff
- May be required to delivery Payroll / Pensions training to non-payroll / pensions staff
- Excellent payroll and pension systems knowledge
- ESR experience
- Previous NHS Experience
To apply for this role or to find out about other finance vacancies, please contact Peter Roberts or Riley Garnett on the South West Finance recruitment team on 0117 930 8760 or alternatively email email@example.com