Permanent Employment Lawyer –– Between £50,607 – £54,646 –– Predominately Remote Working ––Midlands
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are currently working with an ambitious Local Authority in the Midlands area who are recruiting for a Permanent Employment Lawyer to join their department.
Expected duration: Permanent Position
Expected Salary: £50,607 – £54,646
Skill level: Qualified Lawyer (Solicitors and Barristers CILEX Fellows)
Working pattern: Hybrid Working + Full Time Hours
The ideal candidate will have prior experience working within Local Government specialising in Employment Law. Previous experience carrying out management responsibilities is desirable but not essential.
Duties may include:
- Conducting complex legal advice to clients both internal and external to the County Council
- Undertaking legal input into strategic legal advice, appreciating and working within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Providing professional support to other staff so as to ensure consistency of quality of service with particular emphasis on driving the commercial agenda forward as directed
- Managing delivery of workload, in particular the achievement of targets and performance of other staff
- Assisting Legal Service Managers and Deputies from time to time as directed
- Directing to include leading on or assisting in ad hoc pieces of work
- Adhering and securing adherence to the Legal Services Unit’s quality standards (Lexcel) including time-recording and contributing to the process of securing re-accreditation as and when
- Undertaking training delivery from time to time
- Contributing positively to Legal Services’ marketing and selling services commercial activities
- Carrying out such other duties as may reasonably be required, including complaint investigations
- Representing the client before Tribunals, Courts (including higher Courts) and at internal panels
- Advising on employment matters (both contentious and non-contentious) and representing clients in employment tribunals
- Handling employment tribunal claims including cases of whistleblowing, unfair dismissal and discrimination
- Providing advice on matters relating to employment issues affecting the client, including general employment advice
- Offering guidance with respect to staff misconduct proceedings
- Using case management skills in relation to ET’s and EC’s
- Delivering training programmes from time to time
- Advising senior managers and HR professionals on a range of employment law issues
Offering an attractive salary of up to £54,646 is offered for this position dependent on experience.
Please apply for this role online or contact Connie Ross or Tom Hoult via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. All salaries and PQE ranges stated serve only as a guide and all applicants will be considered on their individual merits.
Permanent Employment Lawyer –– Between £50,607 – £54,646 –– Predominately Remote Working –– Midlands