Duration: Temporary, 3 months
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours
Rate: £17-£23 via an umbrella company
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Physiotherapist on behalf of a reputable NHS Trust based in Bristol. This is an interim contract for 3 months offering £17-£23 via an umbrella company. For this position, you will be working full-time hours (Monday to Friday).
Outline duties below:
- Responsible and accountable for all aspects of own work, including the management of patients in their care
- Examining and assessing of patients including those with diverse presentations/multi pathologies; use specialised clinical reasoning skills and manual examination techniques to provide an accurate diagnosis of their condition
- Delivering an individual physiotherapy treatment programme, this could include manual physiotherapy techniques, patient education, exercise classes, electrotherapy, nasopharyngeal endotracheal/tracheal suction, hydrotherapy, tracheostomy management and other alternatives
- Re-examining the patients response to treatment and modify programme accordingly
- Formulating accurate prognoses, expected outcome, recommend best course of intervention and develop comprehensive discharge plans
- Evaluating own clinical practice based on valid research evidence and audit including national and local clinical guidelines
- Motivating and encourage patients to actively participate in physiotherapy programme
- Organising and prioritise own workload and delegate responsibility as appropriate
- Delegating responsibility from the Band 7 physiotherapist for managing patients with particular conditions, some of which are complex and be responsible for providing specialised physiotherapy input for patients with these conditions
- Communicating clinical findings to the patient, assess their understanding of treatment proposals, gain valid informed consent and have the capacity to work within a legal framework with patients who lack capacity to consent to treatment
- Managing clinical risk within own patient case load
- Monitoring practice of juniors and assistants under-taking delegated tasks and advise/guide as appropriate
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensive patient treatment records in line with Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) standards of practice
- Responsible for the safe and competent use of all electrotherapy equipment, gym equipment and patient appliances and aids used by patients including manual handling equipment
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Ash Sahota on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email email@example.com
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.