Planning Officer required immediately
Venn Group Social Housing Recruitment Team are currently recruiting for an Interim Planning Officer for a highly reputable Local Authority based in Devon to begin temporary employment.
Hours: 37 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
Length of Contract: 3 month
- To manage the delivery of minor development projects from inception to completion.
- To provide advice and guidance to customers seeking to undertake minor development projects.
- To undertake site visits and attend site meetings in order to evaluate development projects and discuss development options with customers.
- To liaise with Building Control and other officers of the Council to ensure that minor development projects can be delivered.
- To process the regulatory applications that are necessary to deliver minor development projects.
- To calculate the Community Infrastructure Levy for qualifying projects
- To manage appeals (including those relating to enforcement matters) from receipt to decision dealt with under either the Written Representations Procedure or via Informal Hearing.
- To investigate complaints regarding unauthorised development and undertake enforcement action as appropriate.
- To attend committee meetings, other meetings with elected members and meetings with resident’s groups and neighbourhood forums as required.
- To respond to general planning and property related enquiries on site, in person at the Civic Centre or via letter, e-mail or telephone.
- To assist in the identification of appropriate sites for specific development enquiries and work alongside more senior officers in bringing these sites forward for development.
- To assist in the production of written policy formulated to deliver good development.
- To assist more senior case officers in the management of more complex development projects from inception to completion.
- To assist colleagues in facilitating neighbourhood planning, preparing and monitoring the SHLAA and delivering the Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Plan as required.
- To contribute fully to the provision of an excellent service to personal callers and telephone enquiries throughout the working day
- Ability to communicate advice clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences orally and in writing
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- A clean driving licence
- A degree, preferably in Town and Country Planning or a related discipline
If you have a current DBS, relevant experience, are immediately available and would like to be considered for this position please call Emily Rex or Branwen Johns on 0117 930 8760 or send an updated CV to email@example.com