Venn Group is working with a Local Authority in London to recruit an Interim IT & Digital PMO Manager to oversee the portfolio, design new governance mechanisms and ceremonies and introduce technology spend control.
The Interim IT & Digital PMO Manager will develop governance which caters for both traditional project delivery and agile product and service development.
This role will be inside of IR35 and will require hybrid working in London.
Responsibilities of the Interim IT & Digital PMO Manager:
- Manage the delivery portfolio; build roadmaps and plans as necessary; write reports and updates for the corporate PMO; highlight risks and blockers; attribute deliverables to savings
- Lead on product, project and programme standardisation of reporting in the digital and innovation function, introducing simple and meaningful templates for delivery
- Build reports and updates for a range of stakeholders which make it clear at first glance how a project or service is doing
- Manage a log of decisions made, project delivery and closure, as well as the budget attributed to each project
- Introduce performance reporting for services built by IT & Digital; define success criteria; build user-driven metrics that prove value; automate reporting wherever possible
- Assist in the design and leadership of new spend control for technology; work across the council to implement it; prove savings and de-duplication
- Use governance mechanisms to spot areas of duplication between different service areas; highlight these and suggesting ways to consolidate
- Assist in managing ongoing savings plans; work with finance colleagues to realise those savings
Required experience of the Interim IT & Digital PMO Manager:
- Understanding of best practice portfolio management techniques
- Knowledge of agile delivery practices
- Understanding of financial management
- Experience running a portfolio management office
- Knowledge of Product Management governance methods
- Experience running governance mechanisms in a high-paced
If you would like more information about the role, please contact Lisa Subhash, David Harney or Ethan Weatherby
Venn Group’s Recommendation Scheme: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.