Vacancy Ref: 7056770
Venn Group are currently recruiting for a Principal Accountant to lead the Adult Social Care finance team within a well-respected City Council in the South West.
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £450/day umbrella
IR35 status: Inside IR35
- Managing and delivering timely financial and management accounting services; including budgeting, medium and long term financial planning, project support, forecasting, financial reporting and control
- Providing independent analysis and interpretation of complex and technical financial data
- Providing financial reporting on any improvement plans, support business planning and draft comments on Cabinet Reports
- Ensuring compliance with finance and other regulations including CIPFAs code of practice any operational guidance and grant conditions
- Qualified accountant and member of CCAB (or equivalent) recognised body with evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience of resolving technical accountancy issues within a large organisation, preferably public sector and through a full financial cycle
- Experience of planning, motivating and controlling the work of a diverse team of Finance staff dealing with complex accounting issues
- Knowledge on the undertaking of tendering and other procurement activities - preferably in a local government environment
To apply for this position, please contact Matt Beynon on 0117 930 8760 or email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.