Locum Principal Commercial Contracts Lawyer – Midlands – initial 4 months – Full Time – Remote Working – Up to £60 per hour Umbrella
Venn Group’s specialist Public Sector legal team are working with a Local Authority based in the Midlands, who are seeking a Locum Principal Commercial Contracts Lawyer to join their team.
Duration: initial 4 months with the possibility of extension
Working Pattern: Full time, however part time candidates may also be considered
Working Arrangement: Remote working, however a hybrid arrangement is optional
Rate: Up to £60 per hour Umbrella, dependent upon the individuals’ relevant experience
The Authority are seeking a Locum Principal Commercial Contracts Lawyer to join their team to manage a caseload of complex commercial matters. You will also be accompanied by two experienced lawyers in the team to assist with the caseload.
This assignment is a remote working role; however there is an option to attend the office team day once per week.
The organisation are looking for a candidate to start in within the next 4-8 weeks, therefore this is an ideal role for a Qualified Lawyer with Local Government experience looking to transition from a permanent role into the locum market.
Duties for this role may include:
- Acting as the Senior Lawyer within the team, providing advice on company structures and advising the Directors on any necessary information
- Handling any general commercial contracts matters that may arise alongside any construction contracts that may arise including JCT and NEC contracts
- Providing commercial advice on projects, including contracts and the general strategy of the Council
- Reviewing and managing all current contracts, to ensure that they comply with GDPR
- Providing guidance to the client departments and the rest of the legal team in completing their tasks alongside supporting junior staff members in their development
- Representing and advising clients on behalf of the Authority and negotiating with third parties as and when required
Please apply for this role either online or with Will Pardoe or Louise Francis via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. All salaries and PQE ranges stated serve only as a guide and all applicants will be considered on their individual merits.