Contract Details: 18 month fixed term contract
Salary: £50k-£60k, depending on experience
Application closing date: Monday 25th April
We are delighted to be working in partnership with Reigate and Banstead Borough Council to recruit for a Procurement Manager who will be responsible for embedding a strategic approach to procurement within the organisation.
About the Job:
This role has been newly created which would allow the successful candidate to put their own stamp on procurement within the borough as well as demonstrate the benefits of having an established procurement function. As the Procurement Manager, you will provide leadership of procurement activity across the Council, embed good practice, drive innovation, and deliver social value to deliver the best possible outcomes for local people. Your expertise in commissioning, procurement, and contracts management across the Council’s third party spend will support the delivery of the Council’s procurement strategy to implement a category management and strategic approach across all third party spend.
Role responsibilities of the Procurement Manager include:
- Creating and delivering training materials to support the commissioning and procurement staff to deliver outcomes effectively
- Providing commercial leadership, management, expertise and procurement support and advice across a wide, complex, and diverse range of contracts
- Presenting and preparing written and verbal reports for the benefit of council committees, senior managers, service teams, partners and providers
- Keeping up to date with public procurement regulations and procurement policy notes and efficiently and effectively applying them to the Council’s contract procurement roles and communicating them to key internal/external stakeholders
- Superb leadership, written and oral communication skills
- Experience of working at a similar level within public sector procurement, ideally local government
- The ability to manage a team and lead on a variety of projects
- Previous experience/knowledge of using InTend and Agresso in addition to purchasing orders and local authority budgets
- A full professional qualification relevant to Purchasing (CIPS or equivalent)
Furthermore, the benefits of the position are flexible working, competitive annual leave, and a contribution towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership.
If you have experience to match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact Niki Holdich, Nicola Gradon, Jake Powell, Matthew Ring and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for vouchers for a range of companies.