Vacancy Ref: 7198970
Venn Group are currently recruiting for an interim Senior Procurement Officer for a well-regarded District Council in the South West.
The successful candidate will come from a background in Local Government, ideally within a District Council setting and will be responsible for overseeing operational day to day procurements across various categories with a particular focus on capital and regeneration projects (e.g. building contracts, parks and commercial spaces, EV charging points etc.).
This is a primarily remote position with expectation to attend site once per fortnight.
Location: South West
Duration: 9 – 12 months
Part Time: 3 days a week
Rate: £300 – £350/day umbrella
IR35 status: Inside IR35
- Providing procurement advice to stakeholders within the authority
- Preparing Invitations to Tender, both bespoke and following the organisations standard templates
- Organising Evaluation Panel, organising tender openings and attending tender openings
- Procurement Comments in internal reports, drafting and issuing standard acceptance and rejection letters, issuing acceptance and rejection letters over £30k or where OJEU applies
- Arrange with legal to issue a contract regardless of value, investigating suitable frameworks for use by the council and assisting officers with quotations where tenders are not required
- Excellent working knowledge of and exposure to public sector procurement, ideally within a District Council setting
- Proficient understanding of the Public Contracting Regulations 2015
- CIPS Qualified
To apply for this position, please contact Matt Beynon on 0117 930 8760 and email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.