Venn Group is working with a Local Authority in London to recruit an Interim Project Manager who will lead on the rollout of Family Hubs in the borough, to transform services and develop an integrated and co-located service offer.
The role takes responsibility for directly managing projects within the delivery function, working closely with the Assistant Director of Improvement and Change, and the Programme Manager; as well as drawing on resources from a wide range of multi-disciplinary teams and services outlined above.
These Family Hubs may include health services, early years and childcare and education, youth services, parenting support, safety and relationship support.
Location: Hybrid - London
Period: 3 months initial
IR35 Status: Inside
- Co-ordinate all activity across the specified programme and provide support and advice as required
- Manage complex projects which have a far-reaching effect across the council, requiring extensive and well-developed managerial and relationship-building skills
- Work closely with Assistant Director for Children’s Commissioning and their team to ensure the project meets identified needs
- Responsible for appropriate and robust project management techniques together with the corporate governance, methodologies, ICT systems and other appropriate PPM toolkits
- Manage an effective system for project assurance, quality assurance and ensuring clear and consistent arrangements for the storage and publication of products
- Establish and deliver the objectives and project plan including timings, quality, and costs, monitoring on project plans ensuring that timelines are realistic and adhered to
- Previous experience of delivering projects for Children’s Services, ideally within local authority
- Detailed understanding of projects and programme management principals and techniques
- Understanding of service design approaches
- Strong understanding of financial management and budgetary control
- Strong understanding of benefit identification and realisation in relation to programme and project management