Project Manager – Regeneration
The client is looking for someone to come in on an interim basis to help with major regeneration projects, including managing external multi-disciplinary project teams and external contractors to deliver projects on time, within budget, project plans, milestones, interdependencies, project risks and post project evaluation.
- To support on the management and delivery of Project Management services for major regeneration projects including managing external multi-disciplinary project teams and external contractors to deliver projects on time, within budget, project plans, milestones, interdependencies, project risks and post project evaluation
- To work with internal and external partners, the council’s senior leadership team and elected members on the co-ordination and deliver of major projects
- To monitor and manage funding of major projects where the organisation are the funder and/or the guarantor
- Under the direction of the Head of Service (Projects & Delivery) to provide PM support on key regeneration projects, leading on, project plans, milestones, interdependencies, project risks and post project evaluation
- To support on the management and co-ordination on the development and delivery of construction projects from initial scheme conception through to completion
- To ensure the effective project management of major and complex capital spend programmes, ensuring they are delivered on time, to budget, demonstrate value for money and achieve agreed performance standards
- Manage project team performance to ensure that programme and budget are being achieved.
- Lead, manage and co-ordinate multi-disciplinary project teams for major capital contracts and work programmes, leading and managing teams through project life; to include project concept, delivery and feasibility, internal and external Architectural Design, Quantity Surveying, Contract Administration, Mechanical, Electrical, Structural Engineering and specialist consultants (Ecologists, Geologists) and others as appropriate
- Preparing and engaging with external organisations, senior Leadership and Elected Members as necessary ensuring that complex and technical data can be clearly explained and understood; including attending meetings as necessary
- To have working knowledge and experience within Public Health for a Local Authority, NHS or Public Health England
- Have project management experience within regeneration
Duration: 3 month contract initially, with likely extensions
Rate: rate is negotiable depending on experience (Inside IR35)
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to the Midlands Local Gov Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team