Interim Management/Project Accountant required
Vacancy Reference: 7013680
Hours: 37.5 (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Daily Rate: £150 - 230 via Umbrella Company
Our public sector client is looking for an interim Management/Project Accountant to join their finance department for a 2 - 4 month contract initially.
Day to Day Duties:
- Working within a management accounting team to ensure financial information is processed in accordance with procedures
- Investigate complex financial enquiries and provide advice to budget holders when required
- Ensure work is completed within financial and legal requirements, interpreting these where necessary
- Support in providing a comprehensive financial advisory service to budget holders across the strategic business unit
- Provide advice on complex financial and corporate issues to non-financial managers
- Monitor expenditure against budget on a monthly basis for the designated directorates and provide advice if there are variances against budget
- Conduct finance training with new and experienced budget holders on a regular basis
- Plan work to produce accurate monthly accounts in line with a strict month end timetable
- Extract and analyse data from the finance ledger to provide advice to both financial and non-financial managers
- Hold regular and ad-hoc budgetary meetings with budget holders to assess financial performance and provide complex advice on financial issues, highlight and advise on actions for current issues and risks
- To investigate and resolve financial queries raised by budget holders
- Full or part qualified CCAB accountancy qualification or equivalent work based knowledge
- Knowledge of financial legislation in relation to financial management
- Substantial management accountancy experience
If you meet the criteria and would like to be considered for this position please send an updated CV to email@example.com or call Riley Garnett or Cameron O’Donnell on the specialist Finance recruitment team on 0117 930 8760.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.