Project Support Officer – Implementation
We are currently working with a local authority who require the assistance of a Project Support Officer. This role could provide support which spans all functions and capabilities within Special Educational Needs Service.
The service is on a fast-paced improvement journey, implementing a ground-breaking ICT system as well as driving up standards in service performance, quality, customer care, administration, and processes.
- Experience of working within a corporate environment with a service-orientated focus
- Experience of supporting project(s) or programmes of work, and or process improvement
- Excellent administrative, organisational, and prioritisation skills
- Being able to work in both Agile and Waterfall development environments
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to relate well to others, communicate confidently with colleagues across the organisation, and establish positive relationships across a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent IT literacy, experienced in using a range of MS Office products including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to intermediate level (use of pivot/formulae/ability to check and cross-check data), use of SharePoint, and / or in-house corporate databases or systems (e.g., those relating to holding and or tracking information and data relating to customers, service users, or suppliers)
- Sound verbal and written communication skills, able to contribute to reports and present ideas or raise constructive and considered challenge or innovative ideas in workshops / meetings
- Able to deal competently and professionally with our service users, suppliers, schools, and staff over the telephone and in MS Teams meetings, or via email
- Sound numeracy and analytic skills, able to track and monitoring metrics or performance / delivery indicators, support processes, attention to detail and methodical in approach
Key desirable skills:
- Experience of working within local authority or the public sector
- Experience or understanding of SEND
- Experience of working within governance, compliance, and regulatory frameworks
- Experience of process improvement work
- Experience of supporting the implementation of new IT systems within an existing service or team
- Understanding of project and programme concepts, e.g., Prince 2 or P3O foundation level qualifications
Fully Remote Working
Duration: 6 months rolling
Rate: £350 per day (Outside IR35)
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply below. At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.