Temporary Caretaker Role
Recruitment Agency reference: 7103110/001
A position has arisen for a Caretaker within a Housing Association across Greater Manchester. The roles will be on a temporary ongoing basis, and paying £10.30 per hour (PAYE)
The successful candidate must have experience in Cleaning or Caretaking
Your duties will include:
- Ensure all external areas are free from hazards, litter, dog fouling, graffiti at all times
- Provide an efficiently managed key register for all properties, ensuring safe transfer and monitoring of keys passed through for voids work, and support the work of the CSA team by ensuring that they can access keys when required
- Report lost, not returned, or unaccounted for keys to help protect our assets, provide an efficient service and maintain the security and welfare of our customers and staff
- Carry out Health and Safety checks and tests as per Group procedures
- Maintain up to date records of checks and tests as per Group standards
- Assist the team in meeting objectives of maximising availability of properties by preparing rooms for re-let
- Ensure furnishings and equipment are maintained to a high standard
- Work to the instruction of the Services Manager in maintaining the cleanliness and safety of Threshold properties as per an agreed schedule
- Maintain, clean and clear all entrance paths during seasonal changes
- To clean, and maintain in good order any external refuse areas and ensure all communal refuse bins are left out for weekly (or other cycle) collection.
- Undertake minor maintenance/ repair tasks as directed by management. These may include changing locks/ cores, adjustments to doors/ windows, repairing minor leaks, renewing washers or taps, unblocking drains, clear blocked washbasins, repair/ replace toilet seats, repairs to internal cupboards, replace light bulbs, bleed radiators and adjust thermostatic controls, replacing plugs for basins
The successful candidate should have:
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Awareness of COSHH, Health and Safety and property standards
- Understanding of equality and diversity issues
- Health & safety in supported housing
This would be an ideal role for an accurate and hands on candidate who is ready to hit the ground running and add value to a team.
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Siobhan Allinson or Dan Judge on 0161 830 1830 and email your updated CV to email@example.com
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.