Senior Category Manager
Location: South East
Length: Interim (6 months)
Rate: £275-300 per day (commensurate with experience)
An NHS organisation based in the south east is looking to appoint x2 Senior Category Managers to join them for initial 6 months basis. The roles would be working closely with the organisation’s Chief Procurement Officer on a number of strategic procurement projects.
Details of the role are as per below, the appointed individual will be responsible for:
- Strategic sourcing, negotiation & category management across multiple category areas; FM (hard & soft), IT & Digital, Corp Services and Clinical/Medical.
- Leading end to end OJEU tenders across the Estates category as well as conducting mini competitions using public sector approved frameworks
- Liaising with senior stakeholders across the organisation, assisting them in the development of specifications
- Leading the supplier engagement and sourcing activities from sourcing, tender analysis and negotiation and ongoing commercial supplier performance
- Managing supplier negotiations and ensuring value for money deals are obtained in a professional manner that ensure suppliers are dedicated to high service levels
The ideal candidate will have:
- Public sector procurement experience
- Experience of tendering and managing high value contracts under EU procurement law, including contracts which exceed £10 million
- Detailed knowledge of EU and UK procurement legislation, supplier and contract management
- Ability to lead end to end OJEU tenders, as well as conducting mini competitions using public sector approved frameworks
If this describes you and you wish to expand your skill set to further your development please contact Robert Waugh or Joe Olenka on 020 7557 7667, and send your updated CV to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.