Senior Communications Officer
Duration: 3 – 6 Months contract with extensions possible
Rate: Negotiable hourly rate dependent on experience
We are looking for an experienced communications professional to provide much needed support to an excellent but stretched corporate team to build on recent positive coverage of the area throughout the Commonwealth Games.
- Picking up day-to-day media, social media and PR work as directed by senior team members
- Delivering council corporate communications, PR & media, social media, marketing, digital & design, internal communications and stakeholder engagement
- Support the delivery of the objectives and priorities of Communications & Corporate Affairs
- Deliver complicated or sensitive information to a range of audiences in support of all service area activities
- Contribute to the implementation of creative and innovative solutions to a wide range of challenges
- Undertake accurate research and analysis to support all service area activities.
- The ability to be able to write to an excellent standard across multiple platforms, including social media and content management systems
- Local government communications experience would be advantageous
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply below. At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.