Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of the Council’s committee arrangements, ensuring that they are well structured and adapted to meet changing circumstances
- To provide and maintain, within the Council, adequate procedures for convening meetings, recording decisions and ensuring that decisions are acted upon and followed up effectively
- Responsible for ensuring that meetings of the Council, its committees and other bodies within the political management structure are adequately serviced, including:
- To ensure maintenance of statutory and other registers, including those connected with the Code of Conduct and the Pecuniary Interests of Councillors and Officers
- Responsible for ensuring that satisfactory procedures exist and are developed for the making and recording of decisions by officers and Councillors to ensure that individual decisions are in accordance with Council procedures
- Ensure that statutory requirements associated with the recording and publishing of Council decisions are met
- Ensure that all reports to Council and Council bodies are in accordance with the Council’s agreed procedures and meet reasonable standards of presentation
- To work with the Head of Elections and Democracy and the Chief Legal Officer to produce and update the Council’s constitution and related documentation associated with the governance of the Council’s political management arrangements
- Drawing up a timetable of meetings for the Council
- Attending meetings of the Council, Cabinet and other meetings
- Providing procedural advice as required
- Preparing reports as necessary for submission to the Council, its committees and other bodies
This is a hybrid-working role, requiring office attendance once or twice per week. The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of three years’ experience as a Committee Clerk and be familiar with Microsoft Office and Mod.Gov software.
If you are interested, please call Georgina Fry or Charlotte Foley on 0117 930 8760, alternatively email email@example.com with a copy of your updated CV and details of your current availability.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.