Senior Finance Business Partner
Vacancy Ref: J71498
A position has arisen for a Senior Finance BP within a prestigious local authority in the South West.
Location: South West
Duration: 12 months initially
Rate: Daily rate negotiable DOE
IR35 Status: Inside
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be a member of the various panels (including the high-cost panel) and be part of the decision-making process.
- Be a member of the Financial Recovery Board - not just as a technical advisor but as a decision maker. Work closely with a consultant - challenge processes and work programmes and ensure that expected benefits both financial and operational are being achieved.
- The role of this postholder will be to ensure that the work of the Financial Recovery Board stays on track and benefits are realised.
- Provide senior overview of external placement expenditure and develop / adapt policies and processes including developing a robust policy to control price uplifts and develop systems to ensure regular / timely reviews of care packages are undertaken.
- Ensure that opportunities for alternative funding streams are maximised - including ensuring that leaving care packages are designed to ensure Housing Benefits can be claimed.
- Develop robust process to assess care packages that ensure the ICB pay their appropriate share of care packages
- Fully qualified accountant with a proven track record of working with senior staff in Children’s Services to reduce spend / tackle a significant overspend
- Relevant experience working within Local Government
For further information, please contact Olli Attwood or Ashleigh Clarke on 0117 930 8760 and email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.