Venn Group are working with a research institute to recruit a Senior Grants Officer to join a newly established grant management team.
The role of the Senior Grants Officer is a key position and whilst you will report to and work under the general direction of the Research Grants Manager, you will be responsible for your own work on a day to day basis.
- Manage day to day pre-award activities, including preparation of, and accurate costings for grant applications
- Oversee the financial administration of a significant and complex portfolio of research projects
- Meet routinely with all of the grant holders within the portfolio to review their financial position Coordinate and collate data required for audits on research awards and liaise with Research Accounts on any audit queries, discussing with the Business Manager/Administrator where required
- Ensure that grant holders, Business Managers, Administrators and Project Managers are provided with monthly project status and activity reports, highlighting variances and taking follow-up action as required following discussions
- Co-ordinate with Research Services on the processing of material transfer agreements, service contracts, research contracts and licenses, and ensure that all finalised documentation is circulated and filed appropriately
We are looking for candidates with some understanding of grant funding for research projects and you must possess strong financial acumen.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for career progression in Research Administration and therefore want candidate who genuinely want to pursue a career in research professional services.
If you are interested in the positions and you meet the criteria, please apply now with your up-to-date CV.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.