VACANCY – Senior Housing Officer – Review Manager
Location: Birmingham and WFH
Length: 2 months with potential extension
Salary: £21.05 Umbrella
Hours: Monday – Friday 37.5 hours PW
Venn Group are currently recruiting for a Senior Housing Officer to be based in Birmingham. You will conduct statutory homeless reviews impartially and ensure review decisions are made in compliance with relevant policies, legislation and case law. Said candidates will have the ability to make accurate Homeless Review decisions and successfully represent the Council at Court.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within the wider Housing Service and in partnership with the Advice and Guidance Hubs to deliver housing solutions in an integrated and streamlined way
- To act as the service lead at relevant multi-agency meetings and represent the City Council at internal and external meetings and other forums, as required. To also ensure that there is effective communication with elected members and partners
- Support the service to explore opportunities for funding and contribute towards the preparation of bids, reports and the development of project plans, policies and procedures.
- Monitor, manage and report on service performance, including take appropriate and timely corrective action
- Investigate and respond to complex complaints, member enquiries and Freedom of Information requests
Deliver training and awareness briefings to staff and stakeholders. Provide expert advice on homelessness and facilitate advice surgeries
- Maintain extensive and specialist knowledge of Homelessness and relevant Housing legislation, case law and guidance as well as local and national policies in order to provide expert advice and guidance to staff, colleagues, council members and other external stakeholders
- Support the service to efficiently provide a responsive frontline service to customers and ensure outcomes are delivered to agreed standards and targets for statutory homelessness and pre-tenancy services.
- Manage, motivate, develop and undertake ongoing supervision of direct reports, including regularly conduct case management supervision and case reviews using reflective supervision techniques
- Monitor and measure prevention, relief, main duty case outcomes and use this data to improve team and service performance
- Conduct research and data analysis activities to understand the real problems to solve for customers, help the service to address highly complex operational/performance issues and introduce new housing solutions and support services
- Support the service to embed a homeless prevention, effective case management and continuous improvement culture within the service that is focused on responding to the changing needs of customers and legislation
- Support service reviews, implementation of new working practices and introduction of new prevention tools that drive efficiencies and improve the customer experience
- Build effective relationships with other statutory and voluntary agencies, commissioners and providers to ensure appropriate prevention tools and support is in place that enables the service to successfully eradicate/reduce risks of homelessness
- Manage relationship and engagement problems with internal/external stakeholders and gain the required level of support needed to introduce new practices and services
- Minimum of three years’ experience of working in a management role with contentious decision-making responsibilities and experience of resolving complex problems
- Full Licence with access to vehicle
To discuss this excellent opportunity further, please contact the Social Housing and Support teamon 0121 616 0660 and ask for Katie Dugmore (Associate Consultant for the Midlands), or alternatively email email@example.com with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.