Senior Licensing Officer (Taxi)
We are currently working with a large Midlands local authority who require the interim assistance of a Senior Licensing Officer to manage and develop the Licensing Officer team within the Licensing Section. To deputise for the Licensing Supervisor as and when required.
- Provide technical, administrative and general guidance in relation to licensing functions
- Supervise the frontline service provision to the section’s customers, ensuring that it is timely, efficient and in line with published service standards and that programme of continuous improvement is devised and implemented.
- Process and respond to complaints and requests for service in line with Council requirements and the standards set within the Licensing Service Plan
- Give advice and guidance on licensing matters to staff and customers as required
- Carry out community, public and trade consultation projects as directed by the Licensing Supervisor
- Provide performance monitoring and management information to the Licensing Supervisor
- Prepare reports for the Licensing (Miscellaneous) Committee detailing all relevant information in respect of applications or license holders which fall outside the Council’s criteria
- Attend and give evidence to the Council’s Licensing Committee and any resulting Appeals at Court
The ideal candidate will have:
- Supervisory experience and experience of working within an income generating environment
- Experience of dealing with Court proceedings, including appeals, processes
- Experience of dealing with Members, Council Committee, including the preparation and presentation of reports.
- Knowledge of the following legislation; Licensing Legislation and Regulations, Police and Criminal Evidence Act, CPIA, RIPA, Human Rights Act, Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, ISA and VBS, Disability Discrimination Act, Equality Act 2010 and Road Traffic Act 1988
Duration: 12 week initial contract with possible extensions
Rate: Starting at £15.73 per hour PAYE (Inside IR35)
Location: Greater Birmingham Area
Full JD available on request
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.