Senior Planner or Planner Required
Length: Ongoing, temporary to permanent
Rate: Dependent upon experience
Location: Bristol Office, working from home and Site Office
Venn Group are currently recruiting for a Planner to work for one of the biggest Construction Companies in the UK
- Will serve the Retail Division with works (predominately) from our Bristol L&D delivery stream
- has the ability to offer planning support on L&D new build schemes (Medium £20-30m+ / Large £60-80m-+) as well as when needed short/fast turnaround retail framework schemes including shop fit and high-end fit out
- has an experience level of a Senior Planner (or a Planner who is on the cusp of stepping up to Senior Planner level). i.e. the ability to handle competing projects and demands can prioritise work, present at tender interviews, be strong on logistics, phasing and defining and understanding customer constraints
- has the experience and understands the demands of preparing plans for retail sector customers
- locality, when needed can attend Bristol to allow direct collaboration with pre-construction teams, but also can travel nationally to visit and support projects
- Plan and schedule works at Pre-Construction (and when required Pre-Commencement and Construction stages) to the appropriate horizon and density.
- Plan works ensuring requirements of programme structure, logic, appearance, and business expectations are meet.
- Plan works choosing the appropriate planning technique for the situation, appreciating the different types of projects in the division.
- Develop efficient, integrated with our plan, logistics capabilities for managing goods, people, materials and plant.
- Plan our projects with precision, focusing on the things that make the difference and ensure project certainty. Ensure that our planning standards become a key strategic advantage to the business unit.
- Provide clear communication that allows everyone to understand our plans and where we are on them, with no surprises.
- Harness digital solutions and time visualisations to create positive impacts and inform efficiencies on our timelines.
- Provide clarity and understand the risks associated with our project timelines. Be clear on the time and allowances we have made to ensure we can deliver our product on time.
- Use data to support decision-making and lower our exposure to time risk.
- Recognise the interdependencies of all elements affecting our timelines.
- Engage everyone in the planning process and work collaboratively at all stages of our products delivery.
- Use planning tools to establish our plans, monitor our works and control our future.
- Be able to understand our position on projects and shape future actions accordingly.
- Build relationships with internal and external customers and supply chain partners so that they know and trust that what we say in our planning we will do.
- Create an environment of planning collaboration in our teams, lead programme meetings and forums for our people, supply chain partners and customers.
- Lead by example and create a culture that encourages all members of our team to plan.
- Support our people with learning, knowledge, mentoring to develop the planning across the division.
- Relentlessly reflect, learning, collating and sharing our lessons on how we plan and control our time, inputting into divisional planning good practice platforms.
- Ensure personal effectiveness to meet competing demands.
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Pete Madge or John Smith on 0121 616 0683 or alternatively email email@example.com
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.