Senior Procurement Manager
Duration: 6 month initial contract
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm- Work from home
Rate: £248 per day
An opening has arisen for a Senior Procurement Manager, on a temporary basis in Birmingham. This position will require candidates with a strong experience developing and leading the delivery of strategic sourcing through effective strategy and innovative procurement solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and improving senior relationships with other departments by proactively understanding their individual requirements and how they link to wider trust objectives and then develops creative and innovative solutions that can be taken forward
- Advising senior management, service users and the procurement team on all aspects of strategic procurement including trusts standing financial procedures and EU Procurement legislation
- Managing the procurement process for high value / strategically important projects, including data analysis, producing tender and contractual documentation, devising and managing timelines, award of contracts (debriefing of unsuccessful bidders) and ensuring benefits are delivered through robust performance indicators and contract management.
- Producing and analysing complex documents (i.e. recommendation reports, business cases and management information analysis) using Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel
- Liaising with commercial procurement organisations to identify and explore opportunities to enhance commercial and technical solutions for the trust.
- Management of the strategic procurement team deliver cost improvements and benefits to the trust
- Leading and also support other procurement team members in complex negotiations
The successful candidate will have:
- MCIPS/ MRICS status
- Experience in a similar role at a senior level
- A strong commercial mind set with demonstrable OJEU regulation experience
- Effective communications skills to include report writing and presenting skills.
- Stakeholder management skills – including the ability to maintain effective relationships with internal & external relationships
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Daniel Sharp on 0121 616 0660 or email email@example.com
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.