Service Manager (Children’s Finance)
We are currently working with a local government organisation who require the interim assistance of a Finance Service Manager. The postholder will be the Business Partner liaising with the Director of Children’s Services along with being the main finance point of contact with the organisation’s sister company.
- To support the Strategic Finance Manager in the production of the Councils final accounts and related statements in accordance with accountancy guidelines and accepted professional practice
- To provide strategic financial advice on the production of the annual revenue budget and capital programme and the Council’s Medium Term Financial Strategy.
- To ensure the production of reliable financial forecasts, budgets and plans which highlight opportunities and risk
- To review and approve the financial implications of reports produced by service directorates To be an authorised signatory for the Treasury Management function in compliance with all necessary legislation and Codes of Practice
- To provide strategic finance advice to Elected Members and senior officers
- To be an advisor to the Council, the Council Executive, and Cabinet Members on all matters relating to service provision within the area of responsibility including the preparation and presentation of reports.
- To work closely with the S151 Officer in establishing, agreeing, and monitoring operational targets for service delivery and management performance for the service and the employees for whom the post holder is responsible.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of project management, people management, budget management, performance management and best value
- Effective skills to enable management of a varied team with differing skills and abilities
Rate: Negotiable dependent on experience (Inside IR35)
Hours: 22.5 per week
Duration: 3-6 months with likely extensions
FULLY REMOTE WORKING
Full JD available upon request
For more information on the roles we are currently working on within Local Government, please in the first instance email your CV to the team at J.email@example.com or call us on 01216160660.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.