Service Manager Specialist Support – Children’s Services
West Midlands (hybrid working)
Duration: 3 Months initially, pending further extensions
Rate: £350 per day (Inside IR35)
Our client is looking for someone to lead a designated area of service in the West Midlands to ensure effective, high-quality outcomes for children and families.
Responsibilities/expectations of the role:
- Lead on assessing need to develop and implement appropriate service commissioning strategies that includes exploring provider opportunities internally and externally
- Ensure continuous improvement and high-quality provision within children’s residential provision against ofsted expectations
- Lead on the strategic planning of future children’s home provision required in the city and specialist support for vulnerable young people
- Provide strategic leaders with evidence of impact following intervention with young people
- Directly manage the performance of all Residential Managers and be accountable for the overall performance of the service area and its various sections in relation to agreed indicators
- Lead on ensuring there is sufficient children’s residential provision in the city and specialist support for vulnerable young people engaged in high risk-taking behaviours
- Ensure effective multi-agency working arrangements are in place to support the needs of young people
- Manage a multi-disciplinary service area, ensuring the provision of effective services responsive to assessed need and user views and, in accordance with legislation and the Council’s policies, procedures and eligibility criteria
- Play a key role in the strategic development of the Children’s Services through membership of the Children’s management groups and through representative roles in key multi-agency bodies
- Ensure the delivery of quality services within allocated budgets
- Ensure high standards of performance within the designated service area’s performance against local and national expectations
- Substantial experience of operating at a managerial level, including managerial responsibility for professional and complex services portfolio, underpinned by relevant professional and managerial qualifications where relevant
- An understanding of the needs of service users within a highly diverse community
- Experience of successfully managing change
- An understanding of and sensitivity to the political judgements influencing both the overall objectives of the City Council and ability to work with all political parties
- Enhanced DBS required
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you!
Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.