Social Care Lead Officer
Start Date: ASAP
Rate: £32ph PAYE - £42.23 (Umbrella LTD) Inside IR35
Hours: Full time, 37 hours
Location: West Midlands
Duration: 3 months (likely extensions)
Our client is currently looking for an enthusiastic and committed Social Care Lead Officer to join their team to help shape and deliver their services.
You will have the opportunity to oversee day-to-day operations within their Hospital and Intermediate Care Team.
- Provide a high-quality service in relation to all aspects of the assessment and care management process
- Assist the Team Manager with providing professional supervision to other team members
- Work with other Senior Practitioners to support service delivery across Adult Services
- To be part of an efficient and effective service to adults and their carers
- Responsible for the day to day management of a service area, including practice, standards, quality and performance
- Undertake specific duties and responsibilities determined by the line manager and senior managers
- Work with the line manager to ensure day to day functioning of the team in operational matters
- To have staff supervisory responsibility
- Undertake prioritisation of enquiries from our customers, and ensure a timely and proportionate response to requests for Care Act Assessments
- Demonstrate an excellent knowledge of the Care Act 2014 and related legislative frameworks
- Contribute to the development of a model of best practice, supported by a strong leadership Team and a committed Social Workers, Social Care Officers and broker
- Be an experienced registered Social Worker or Occupational Therapist
- Professional qualification at degree level and/or NVQ 4 or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years post qualification practice and/or relevant experience
- Disclosing and Barring Service check
- HCPC professional registration
- Minimum 1 year experience of managing supervision of professional and/or non professional staff
- Have sound practice skills, safeguarding knowledge and a proven track record of professional development
- Committed to the ongoing development of the Adult Social Care wider workforce
- Ability to travel around the area
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.