Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
Duration: Temporary, 3 months
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours
Rate: £17 - £18.50 per hour (PAYE)
This is an interim contract for 3 months with a possible extension and you would need to start as soon as possible. This role is offering between £17 - £18.50 per hour (PAYE).
Outline duties below:
- To communicate effectively with patients regarding their treatment goals, likely outcomes, and discharge plans, taking into consideration communication differences and difficulties
- To communicate sensitive and sometimes distressing information regarding clinical needs and issues with discharge to patients, relatives and carers
- Facilitate communication of complex and specialist information to and from patients who have disorders of comprehension, speech, expressive language and literacy
- Provide clear documentation and written reports for other members of the MDT in order to facilitate optimal care for all patients
- Deal sensitively and effectively with complaints from patients, carers or staff in direct relation to the Speech and Language Therapy department, as they arise. The process and recording of the issue is to be in accordance with complaints policies
- To liaise and make timely written and verbal referrals to appropriate community services
- To be responsible for the maintenance of contemporaneous patient records following trust and departmental policies
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Leah Waldron or Thomas Brown on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email email@example.com
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations